Personal data is data which by itself or with other data can be used to identify you. The data controller in this case is Home Counties Therapy. This data protection statement sets out how Home Counties Therapy will use your personal data. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR).
For further information regarding our privacy practices, please contact the individual in charge of GDPR compliance:
Writing to Home Counties Therapy, 8 Temple Square, Aylesbury, HP20 2QH
Calling us on 01296 749013
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect information about you
Everything we do, we do to ensure that we can help people experiencing a mental health problem get both support and respect. We want to make sure you receive the communications that are most relevant to you, be it through visiting our website or receiving emails, post or phone calls. We want to make sure you receive the best attention when you attend an appointment. We collect information from you in the following ways:
When you interact with us directly. This could be if you ask us about our services, register with us for training, an event or our service. If you apply for a job or volunteering opportunity or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This includes when you phone us, visit our website, or get in touch via post or in person.
When you visit our website. We gather general information which might include which pages you visit most often, and which services, events or information is of most interest to you. We may also track which pages you visit when you like on links in emails from us. We also use ‘cookies’ to help our site run effectively. We use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when you visit to make improvements and to ensure we provide the best service and experience for you. Wherever possible we use anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
From other information that is available to the public. In order to tailor our communications with you to your background and interests we may collect information about your from publicly available sources.
The types of personal data Home Counties Therapy collects and uses
Personal information we collect will depend on your interactions with Home Counties Therapy but may include details such as your names, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, emergency contact details, photo, as well as qualifications, work experience, employment status, references, criminal convictions and DBS number and any credit/debit card details (if you are paying for an appointment), as well as information you provide in any communication between us. You will have given us this information when filling in the application form to work with us, filling in a registration form to use our services, registering for an event or any of the other ways you interact with us.
Depending on your interaction with Home Counties Therapy we will mainly use this information:
- To ensure suitability for a position
- To update you on volunteering opportunities
- To contact any emergency contact provided in an emergency
- To provide the services you have requested
- To update you with important administrative messages about an event or the service you have asked for
- Sensitive personal information can include information about a person’s health, race, ethnic origin, political opinions, sex life, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We will only use this information:
- For the purposes of dealing with your enquiry, training and quality monitoring or evaluating the services we provide.
- We will not pass on your details to anyone else without your express permission except in exceptional circumstances. For example, if you are reporting serious self-harm or posing a threat to others or children contacting us and sharing issues such as physical abuse or exploitation.
- Where you have given us your express consent, or you have clearly indicated to us that you are happy for us to share your story.
Home Counties Therapy will process emergency contact data, GP name and address, CMHT name and address and care coordinator based on legitimate interest of Home Counties Therapy.
Home Counties Therapy will process your data in the following ways:
- When you request Home Counties Therapy to disclose your personal data held by Home Counties Therapy to you
- To help you to understand progress made as a result of taking part in Home Counties Therapy services
- To update you on running times of groups and services
- To contact any emergency contact provided in an emergency
- To contact the safeguarding board, GP, Community Mental Health Team and emergency services in a safeguarding concern
We will only contact you about our work by phone, email or text message, if you have agreed for us to contact you by this manner.
Sharing of personal data
The personal information we collect about you will mainly be used by our staff at Home Counties Therapy so that they can support you. We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about our web browsing activity.
In the event of a safeguarding concern Home Counties Therapy is required to share personal data with the safeguarding board, CMHTs, emergency services, Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub and GPs.
Keeping your information safe
We take looking after your information very seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control both on and offline.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.